Create Catering: Styles of Service
Light Hors d’Oeuvres
- 3-5 types of hors d’oeuvres / 4-5 pieces per person
- 4-6 types of hors d’oeuvres / 6-7 pieces per person
Heavy Hors d’Oeuvres – lighter meal
- 5-10 types of hors d’oeuvres / 9-13 pieces per person
Fork Buffet – medium meal
- Combines heavy hors d’oeuvres with a few small pre-plated selections.
- The pre-plated dishes can be small entrees, sides or salads.
- The key here is that you can eat on your lap or standing up.
Family Style Dinner
- Platters and bowls of food are set on the dining table and passed between guests. This generally happens in rounds – i.e. salads first, then entrées and sides, finishing with dessert.
- Food Guidelines: 1- 2 Salads / 2 - 3 Entrees/ 2 - 4 side dishes / 1- 2 desserts
Plated and Coursed Dinner
- 3 to infinity courses for a sit down dinner with china, glassware, silver and linens. This style requires more staff than a buffet, etc.
- Standard Buffet will have 1-2 salads / 2 entrées / 2-3 side dishes / artisan bread service / small bite desserts
- Stations can range from a light meal to a full assemblage of options for a client. Typically for a meal we would have three stations plus a dessert station.