Create Catering: Styles of Service
Light Hors d’Oeuvres
- 3-5 types of hors d’oeuvres / 4-5 pieces per person
- 4-6 types/ 6-7 pieces per person
Heavy Hors d’Oeuvres = lighter meal
- 5-10 types/ 9-13 pieces per person
Fork Buffet = medium meal
- Combines heavy hors d’oeuvres with a few small pre-plated selections. The pre- plated dishes can be small entrees, sides or salads. The key here is that you can eat on your lap or standing up.
Family Style Dinner
- Platters and bowls of food are set on the dining table and passed between guests. This generally happens in rounds – i.e. salads first, then entrées and sides, finishing with dessert.
- Food Guidelines: 1- 2 Salads/ 2 - 3 Entrees/ 2 - 4 side dishes/ 1- 2 desserts
Plated and Coursed Dinner
- 3 to infinity courses for a sit down dinner with china, glassware, silver and linens. This style requires more staff than a buffet, etc.
- Standard Buffet will have 1-2 salads/ 2 entrées/ 2-3 side dishes/ artisan bread service/ small bite desserts
- Stations can range from a light meal to a full assemblage of options for a client. Typically for a meal we would have three stations plus a dessert station.